Chapter Officer Retreat for Excellence
EMS CORE Registration Opens Wednesday May 23, 2018.
The Chapter Officer Retreat for Excellence (CORE) program is designed to provide Georgia TSA local chapter officers with an opportunity to develop interpersonal and leadership skills, gain necessary knowledge and abilities to carry out the duties of their individual offices, prepare a Chapter Program of Work for the upcoming year and bond with their fellow officers. The 2018 CORE Conference will be held at The Kaplan Mitchell Retreat and Conference Center on September 14-16, 2018. Plan on arriving at the camp between Registration opening at 2:00pm and dinner starting at 5:30pm. Cabin assignments will be pre-set and picked up at check-in.
DO NOT make changes to your registration after submitting. You cannot substitute boys for girls and girls for boys, due to the cabin assignments being set. Advisors, If you have a situation that comes up, you must contact Mr. Price immediately upon finding it.
- TSA Chapter Officer Position Training – Our state officers provide local officers with training related to their position
- “Take it Home” Team Building Activities – Learn some group activities to use back at your chapter meetings
- Local Chapter Program of Work Development – Plan your TSA year with the elements that make a great chapter
- Statesman Test – Participants will have an opportunity to take the Statesman Award test on Saturday evening after dinner. An online practice test can be found in the links column to the right. You can access a study guide here.
- TSA Fundraising Tailgate Party – We will have another TSA Tailgate Party on Saturday evening. The Tailgate Party is both a fun activity during CORE and serves to demonstrate one way to raise money for one of our Official State Fundraising Projects, The American Cancer Society and our Pitchford Scholarship.
- High Ropes Course - This has limited time slots and requires an additional fee to cover the special supervisors, and will be closed after all slots have been claimed
- Climbing Wall and Lake Activities - No additional charge
- CORE Olympics – Team relay games stretching across the camp! Will your shirt color win?